The open capacity of the IVAM is reflected in the works, studies, publications and documentation on modern and contemporary art promoted by the museum. People and professionals are allowed to easily consult them. In this sense, the contribution of the library and documentation centre needs to be highlighted, as it offers the following services:
- Over 10,000 volumes for open access consultation in the Reading Room, as well as access to audiovisual material in the multimedia stations.
- Access to publications of restricted use from the Deposit, subject to prior application.
- On-line access to the Library catalogue (OPAC).
- Internet access.
- Reproduction of documents by means of a self-service photocopier within the limits established by the Spanish Intellectual Property Act. Some special documents can only be reproduced in the form of a photograph.
- Loan service for users with Library card.
- Inter-library loan service for other museum libraries and entities.